Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Face of the Enemy - Webisode 1

I am facing a real dilemma here - I am trying to work my way through BSG in chronological order, but there is no way I am going to be sufficiently complete that I can just roll into Season 4.5 next month (I doubt I'll be even halfway through Season 1 at that point). But this is not supposed to be any pressure, it's something I do for fun.

SO - I will continue on through, and I will incorporate information in my posts on the new episodes as they relate to the topic of any given blog. I do not comb the web looking for spoilers on future episodes, but if you haven't kept up with the show, please bear this in mind as you read.

OK - I have seen the first webisode about 20 times already, in part because it is not close captioned for the hearing impaired. Since I fall into that privileged group I had to play it over and over again to figure out what is going on.

It looks like it's going to be a mystery reminiscent of "10 Little Indians" or "Lifeboat." 

I don't want to do a deep analysis here, but I noticed the following things (and make a few predictions):
  • Felix is going gray at the temples. I am willing to bet that this is supposed to be a manifestation of the trauma of losing his leg.
  • Given that he and Hoshi will not be seeing eachother for a week, that was a pretty chaste kiss. On the other hand, we don't have a clear idea where they are in this relationship - I am assuming it is just getting started.
  • Hoshi is better-looking that I thought.
  • Black-clad Sharon is going to be bad Sharon, lavender Sharon is going to be good Sharon.
  • To paraphrase Chekhov, if 3 syringes of morpha appear in the first act, then all three will be used by the third act.
I took my macbook into work on Friday and cut over to Starbucks to watch it at noon when it was released onto the web. Can't wait until Monday, when the next Webisode comes out.

In the meantime, I am working on my Gaius Baltar post as part of my review of "33"

No comments:

Post a Comment